Consumer Business Group, Huawei Technologies (Finland)
We are currently expanding our Huawei consumer business communications team by seeking a tech-oriented Senior Public Relations Manager with a great can-do attitude and preferably a journalism background. He or she will work as a valuable member of our communications and marketing team. You will be part of a fascinating journey of a multinational technology company´s development of top-notch hardware and software technology.
This new role in our team is highly interesting. You will be able to participate in developing high-quality and localized communications strategy for various products from smartphones to PCs, tablets, smart watches, audio products, routers and both hardware and software concepts. The position requires developing and maintaining fruitful relations with media in Finland and with other external and internal stakeholders to maintain a positive and solid business environment in Finland.
Our new Senior PR and Communications Manager will help to develop PR and communications strategy, planning and execution for various audiences and situations. Tasks will widely range from organizing media activities, briefings, press events to composing press releases together with our PR agency and engaging our media partners with strong skills of briefing new technology products and concepts efficiently. You will be also responsible for responding on media inquiries and proactively address media with new story lines. Reporting on a national and international level is also required.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong and high-quality communications skills in Finnish and in English. Journalism and tech background are preferred.
This position is located in Metsälä, Helsinki.
· Set up the local yearly plan and campaign PR and communications strategy based on an international guideline and toolkit and deliver the local PR result.
· Plan and implement communications activities together with the team and an agency.
· Engage with media and brief new products and concepts efficiently.
· Enhance brand and product image and media visibility.
· Develop the PR and communications content pipeline aligning with international strategy and local media interest.
· Responsible for press releases management, interviews set-up and other media communication.
· Some business travelling may be required.